I know this might be surprising … me writing a post in English… but I promise, this is definitely Trudy’s fault!
So please check her versatile blog for any complaints 😉
I met Trudy from Rendez-vous en New-York some months ago when I signed in for a WordPress Blogging 101 course and I have been discovering the Big Apple city life all through her hilarious stories since then. So thanks a lot Trudy (such an enthusiastic and proud-of-being-a-New-yorker-girl) for nominating me to the Infinity Dreams Award, I quite enjoyed writing this post! Waiting for our next rendez-vous!
This is a funny game if you fancy taking part in it. The purpose is helping you create new connections so here are the rules for newly arrived bloggers:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
And now, go to their blog and notify them!
So here it goes for the facts about myself:
- I got my first smartphone only 3 weeks ago
- I wish I had a house-elf to do the ironing
- I love travelling (just in case you haven’t noticed)
- I still don’t see any point in having a twitter account
- I studied English during half of my life but ended up marrying a Frenchman
- I am a total gourmet: offer me a delicious meal and good wine, and my heart will be yours
- I love sailing and I dream of living on a boat
- I love baking for my office team
- I am an expat woman who will soon become an “expat’s wife”
- I am crazy about black cats (but please don’t tell anyone that you’ve just met a witch!)
- I turned 40 last month but I still feel as if I was 30
And the questions which were set for me to answer:
- How long have you been blogging?
I created a first blog some 7 years ago with a specific purpose: to keep contact and share my travels in South America with family and friends. But after an amazing period of 12 months travel and once back in Europe, the writing experience ended naturally. Last September I finally started feeling less absorbed by my job so I decided it was time to get up close and personal with blogging once more.
- What made you start blogging?
I love travelling and discovering and Un pied ici-un pied là-bas seemed to me the best way to make some new open-minded friends around the world while practicing my French writing skills (not my mother tongue). The thing is that I never expected I would write in English, isn’t it ironic?
- How do you relax?
Tea and a book, testing a new recipe for dinner, or simply with a good gin and tonic!
- What is your favorite season? And why?
Autumn! I like the pale light of this season, the huge carpet of fallen leaves and nature turning brown, yellow and reddish. And above all because it’s the season that calls back a good cup of freshly brewed tea in the mid-afternoon…
- Do you cook? Do you enjoy it?
I do enjoy it so much! Especially cooking for friends and family, organizing drinks and food pairings and tastings at home…
- What is your favorite type of music?
Definitely new age, film music or world music in general: P. Glass, M. Nyman, Zbigniew Preisner to name a few
- What is your favorite television show?
Cooking and travel channels are my favorites
- Are you a morning or night person?
Definitely a night person, especially if I had some (even the smallest) caffeine intake after 4pm!
- Are you a sweet or savory person?
Savory ! I really don’t have a sweet tooth at all… not even for breakfast (Spanish heritage…)
- Are you an avid reader?
Yes! I accepted a job far from home just to benefit from 40’ minutes reading while in the subway.
- On your last trip where did you go?
I was in Alicante in July. Just to celebrate my birthday and to spend some time with family and old friends.
My questions for the people I am nominating:
- How do you start your Sunday mornings?
- What’s your favorite reading(s) of the last 6 months?
- What’s the kind of attitude you hate the most when travelling in public transportation?
- Who changes the toilet paper roll at home?
- How many (real) good friends do you have around? (be honest!)
- Your best treat ever?
- What’s your favorite quotation(s) ?
- If you could relocate right know, which would be the city or country of your choice?
- “I quit my job” or “I fired my boss”… Which personality are you?
- What could make you want to stop blogging?
And the award goes to bloggers from…
Come on, play the game!